Friday, January 1, 2010

The Php1000 Challenge

It was 1:53 this afternoon when I went to Villa Clara to visit some of our relatives. To make the story short, my Mama Diet (Biologically, she's a first degree cousin), gave me Php1000.00 as aguinaldo.

When she was giving me the bill, I said "Wag na! Binigyan mo na nga po ako nung enrollment eh."

She replied, "Wehhh. Ayaw daw. Ayaw mo talaga?"

Immedietly, I answered, "Joke lang! S'yempre ganon talaga muna sa umpisa. Hahaha!"

And everyone in the room burst into laughters. Hehe!


But that is not what this entry is all about.

As we were on the way home, I pondered about where would I spend that money. I thought about buying new stuffs. Maybe a shirt or a pair of skinny jeans. Or the backpack we saw on Penshoppe, perhaps. How about a shopping splurge on Divisoria? I could definitely buy a lot of unique yet inexpensive stuffs there. Oh, 1000. It is heaven to have this amount of money these days.

Then we arrived at home.

And I gained consciousness.

Would it really be smart of me to spend money on these things? I realized, instead of having this crispy piece of paper in exchange for a pound of wooven cotton and shinny bentesingkos, why not use it to make more dough?

So I decided to put myself up for a challenge. Here's the deal. Before the semester ends, I should make the money grow for 300%. Meaning, by the end of the sem, my old 1000 must become 4000. How will I do that? That's the challenge, to invest the money on the right place. Seems easy enough? So to add some pressure, I decided to come up with a reward and a punishment. If I'll be able to complete the challenge, I would spend 80% of the total interest on anything that I want. But, if I fail, I would cut my allowance by 30% for the next sem, I would not be allowed to buy new stuffs, I would restrict myself from the money left, and lastly, I would use the internet only for blogging and studying, no FB, no FS.

So who would watch me with this whole challenge thing?... God. Hehe! But seriously. I mean, it's not like I'll be cheating. Rich people don't cheat. Hehe! I'll be honest with the result, I promise. Every now and then, I'll be updating you using my blog.

Will I succeed?

;)


No comments:

Post a Comment